Monday 7 April 2008


Binge drinking – Ok so after reading the article http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/northeast/series4/women_binge_drinking.shtml which clearly points out how drinking can damage your body, the liver.
We all know that but for people who enjoy a drink it doesn’t stop them having a drink, getting drunk and going over the weekly recommended amount. (I have not met anyone who actually counts up their units whilst on a night out).
I drink on a weekend, and sometimes go out and drink both Friday and Saturday!! So I guess I can be described as a binge drinker, all my friends also drink as much as me when were out and we do get (occasionally) a bit more drunk than we should, but I enjoy it and that’s the main reason why I drink.
If I added up all the units of alcohol I drank last night whilst out with my sister’s I am pretty sure it would be over the recommended 14, (as my head hurt slightly this morning!) so I would say I defiantly over indulge at weekends.

And like the saying goes “everything in moderation” which I think having a good drink is not harmful if it is done responsibly.

It does frustrate me sometimes when I read or see how drink can turn people into thinking their ‘fighting machines’ or ‘can do anything’ as it causes so much unwanted trouble. This is where people need to be fully aware of their actions and to “know their limits”!!!




No comments: